RM2bil deal to maintain government’s vehicles. Good huh?
Posted by barbie on July 27, 2008
RM12,000 annually = RM1,000 per month maintenance for each of the ‘locally-made luxury-line Proton Perdana leased from Spanco.
1. The cars are leased, not owned. How much the government paid to lease the cars? Then again, it was reported before June 2003, “.. the Government paid Spanco RM100 mil a year to lease and maintain its entire fleet”. So after June 2003, the RM80 mil a year is to maintain only or to lease and maintain?
2. You still need RM1,000 per month maintenance each month? That’s damn lot! It is not like you need to charge many parts of the car each and every month.
3. The contract was inked for a duration of 25 years??!! RM2 billion easy money for Spanco. No competitors.
4. It is mind boggling, the contract was awarded to a company that only has the Government as its customer.
5. Under the deal, the Government gets new Proton Perdanas every fourth year. How much a new Proton Perdanas priced for the Government? Since the Government was reported willingly forking out RM5,700 a car jack worth RM50 before, I wonder how much the new Proton Perdana cost. Perhaps the move by the Terengganu government was not that bad at all. They got discounted price for buying Mercedes than probably paying more when you buy locally made Proton Perdana.
6. But, the logic for the purchase is too clever for an idiot like me to understand. It definitely make no sense, when you need to pay higher maintenance for a cheaper car and lower maintenance for a more expensive car. How is that possible?
7. Terengganu excos showed middle finger to Pak Lah by not following his directive – the cars are only for foreign dignitaries. Read here.
8. Pak Lah said ‘he is in control?’ but obviously nobody listens to him and his cabinet. I am anxiously waiting for actions to be taken against these naughty excos. Pak Lah, bukankah awak pantang dicabar??