Saiful is key witness?? Perversion of justice!!
Posted by barbie on August 13, 2008
Kuala Lumpur: Mohd Saiful Bukhari Azlan is not being charged because he is the key witness in the sodomy case against PKR de facto leader Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim, said Home Minister Datuk Seri Syed Hamid Albar.
He said that in a criminal justice system, when a person comes forward to report on a matter, the person would be protected.
“Usually, the victim is given protection,” Syed Hamid said after the MoU signing ceremony between Malaysian and Australian Governments on immigration cooperation here yesterday.
He also said that Anwar was innocent until proven guilty by the court.
“However, it doesn’t mean that we can’t take action against him just because he is a VIP.” He also advised the public not to jump to conclusions before the case is decided by the court.
Asked on former US vice-president Al Gore’s statement issued in Nashville, Tennessee, Syed Hamid said the was not surprised.
“He has been criticising us all this while. He should be happy that the case is now going to court. Even so, Anwar has been granted bail and he can stand in the Permatang Pauh by-election.
“Let the court decide. The bottom line is, justice will be served,” he said.
Earlier, Syed Hamid had briefed the Australian delegation on the case.
According to Australian Immigration and Citizenship Minister Senator Chris Evans, the Australian Government had been assured that proper judicial process would be followed.
At the Jalan Duta courts, immediately after he was released on bail, Anwar had asked why Saiful had not been charged as well since the alleged sodomy act was said to be consensual.
“If it is “suka sama suka” (consensual), why was I the only one being charged? If it is consensual, both should be charged,” he added.
1. This is brilliant. I should plan a robbery in future with a group of friends, then make a police report and be the key witness . High chance, I can argue in court quoting precedence case so I would not be charged for robbery. Great!
2. It is a normal procedure in many criminal cases, you catch a ‘smaller fish’ and make deal in order to catch a ‘bigger fish’. Thinking along this line, it seems very likely that the authorities already had their eyes on Anwar and just waiting for the right “small fish” to come along and give them the opportunity. If this is not a conspiracy to get Anwar then what is this?
3. Do we have Witness Protection Act in Malaysia, yet? The last time Nazri the Bulldog mentioned about it, he was forced to eat his own stucked-foot-in-the-mouth words for there is no such as in Malaysia yet. Wait, there is a new law in Malaysia, if you have consensual anal sex and then you decided to sue, the f**ker get charged and the f**kie gets immunity and protection. Malaysia is so screwed!
4. If the sodomy really happened for which victim would allowed himself to be sodomised for more than 7 times before making a police report? What kind of victim has the leisure to chit-chat with Deputy Prime Minister Najib ‘few days’ before he was sodomised again?! If one is a partner in crime and then comes clean and cooperates with the police and prosecution, one can plea for leniency, but one will be charged first nevertheless.
5. Who is Syed Hamid Albar again? Does he has the authority to determine whether Saiful should be charged or not? He is not the Attorney General. Is he trying to give a subtle hints and instructions by making such comment to the learned judge to not charge Saiful? Is this not a form of sub judice? Interference in the court process should be tolerated?
6. Syed Hamid Albar said ‘Let the court decide. The bottom line is, justice will be served.” So why are you making comment of behalf of the court saying Saiful is not charged? Justice will be served? By assuming before hand Saiful is the victim? This is perversion of justice!!
Hey Syed Hamid, better be ready for that one day you will stare at your own karma and face the consequences!