We Sure Love Our Study Trips, Don’t We?
Posted by ErnieJean on September 10, 2008
One thing’s for sure, you’ve gotta hand it to those clowns in the current ruling coalition, for they sure have their endless supply of excuses (creative or otherwise) to justify those fully paid-for overseas trips that they are very fond of taking, regardless of how relevant (or irrelevant) some of those trips may be to some of them.
Including the most recent and probably the most ill-timed trip to Taiwan, it seems that if the BN government is not careful, they may just run out of innovative reasons for going on those trips, although everyone else already knows that these are nothing more than rounds of golf, gourmet and girl binging.
Well, the hard truth is that no matter how incredulous the reasons given for these study trips are, us taxpayers will just have to suck it in and put up with it. Why? Because we did hand them a blank cheque when they got voted in despite loud glaring reports of misuse of public funds and power, didn’t we?
And what sort of other study trips in the future would we be looking at?
- Firearms control measures? Destination – USA ?
- Effective solution to juvenile crime? Destination – Mexico?
- Environmental-friendly building materials and solutions? Destination – Antartica?
- Architectural solution to poverty? Destination – Zimbabwe?
- State-of-the-Art Golf Club Management? Destination – China?
- Personal Grooming? Destination – France?
- Obesity Control? Destination – Australia?
- Let’s not forget the neverending “trips” to study effective traffic control, animal control, drainage system, etc employed by other nations, despite the fact that one can always look southwards where it’s just a bus-ride away for the most effective systems.
(P.S. The destinations above may not necessarily have anything to do with the purported purpose of the trip, ya? 8) )
Btw, someone also mentioned about seeing some of those happy MPs lugging golf bags on their way to Taiwan ……now, what has agriculture got to do with golfing?